Future Perfect » 7 Tips for Surviving the Airport Taxi
- Call the hotel and work out the cost of a taxi before stepping in the ride
- Sitting in the front seat lowers the barrier between driver and passenger and makes it easier to read and project body language
- Appear in the know: use your mobile phone or pretend to, communicate with someone local
- Be more than just an anonymous passenger: offer up a piece of gum or share a cigarette, talk
- Project confidence: regardless of whether you speak Hindi/Russian/Portugese speak positively about anything – your body language will communicate more than what is spoken
- Don’t accept other passengers in the car
- Always pick the driver – never let the driver pick you
Good travel tips from one of my favorite technologists– Jan Chipchase, who used to be a chief researcher for Nokia but is now with Frog Design.
Your ad blocker is on.
Read ad free.
Purchase a Subscription!
Here is a copy of my presentation and prepared remarks from WordCamp for Publishers 2019 in Columbus.
Old but new to me.
Send this to a friend